VAI partnered with Rohingya refugee groups in writing a letter to Facebook’s recently hired Human Rights Chief, Miranda Sissons. As Facebook takes steps to curb the impact it has had on spreading hate movements, this letter provides the voice of the victims affected by it.
NOW is the time for Facebook to act. Listen to the #Rohingya victim groups who wrote a letter with clear demands and act accordingly.
Read the complete letter to Miranda Sissons, Facebook signed by the 7 Rohingya groups below –
- Arakan Society for Peace & Human Rights
- Rohingya Women for Justice & Peace
- Bangladeshi Rohingya Student Union
- Rohingya Youth for Legal Action
- Rohingya Peace Innovation Unity
- Voice of Rohingya
- Rohingya Women’s Empowerment &Advocacy Network